BRIDGE is a European Commission initiative which unites Horizon 2020 Smart Grid and Energy Storage Projects to create a structured view of cross-cutting issues which are encountered in the demonstration projects and may constitute an obstacle to innovation.
The BRIDGE process fosters continuous knowledge sharing amongst projects thus allowing them to deliver conclusions and recommendations about the future exploitation of the project results, with a single voice, through four different Working Groups representing the main areas of interest.
The different projects are introduced at specific project website.
- Exchange of views between H2020 Smart Grids and Storage projects and the European Commission’s services on technical, business/regulatory and social aspects, particularly with respect to:
- Communication Infrastructure
- Cyber Security
- Data Management
- Define common language and frameworks around business model description and valuation.
- Identify and evaluate existing and new/innovative business models from the project demos/use cases.
- Make recommendations to the European Commission on business models based on interactions with the other cross project activities.
- Identify the main current regulation issues hampering innovative projects’ use cases & suggest future regulations to facilitate their deployment.
- Elaborate a set of experience-based recommendations for regulation issues for efficient integration of Storage and Smart Grids in Europe.
- Deliver a ‘White Book’ targeting consortium members providing a structured review over customer engagement that can be used as a common deliverable.
- Identify and discuss best practice.
- Deliver key messages to policy makers.
- Raise awareness about these issues and the possible consequences of not addressing them.
- Disseminate findings to different audiences via workshops.