Compile Winter School
5 days (6 – 10 December 2021)
Laboratory of Energy Policy (LEST) and other COMPILE partners
No tuition fee is required (participants cover the costs of transportation from their home country to Slovenia, visa and insurance)
Covered by the organiser (5 – 10 December / 5 nights)
Covered by the organiser
Ms. Marjana Harej
The main aim of COMPILE is to show the opportunities of energy islands for decarbonisation of energy supply, community building and creating environmental and socioeconomic benefits.
Winter School is a part of COMPILE training strategy and will be organized with the aim to train the community energy leaders in more technically related topics. The goal of the first Winter School is mainly to inform and motivate and as well to encourage the discussion on a broader level – outside of EU, especially in India and China. Since COMPILE cooperates with two international partners (CUMTB, IRMA), we expect participants from India and China as well.
THE WINTER SCHOOL WILL COVER:
- technical aspects
of energy communities including both theoretical elements and practical training through case studies combined with pilot site visit.
COMPILE Winter School programme offers a combination of course work, guest lectures and social/cultural activities. During the training, participants will attend lectures taught by high-level scholars from academia as well as experts and practitioners from leading energy companies etc. The social/cultural activities include a guided tour of Ljubljana and evening gatherings. It will be a unique experience in a multicultural environment.
|TIME||DAY I||DAY II||DAY III||DAY IV||DAY V|
|MAIN TOPIC||INTRODUCTION||COMMUNITY BUILDING||SITE VISIT||TECHNICAL DAY||CLOSING|
(registration + introduction by each participant)
|PILOT INTRO||SITE VISIT
|10:00||VALUE TOOL AND COOLKIT||GRIDRULE|
|11:00||COMMUNITY METHOD BUILDING||COMPILOT|
|13:00||INTRODUCTION TO THE EU CONTEXT
INTRODUCTION TO THE COMPILE PROJECT
|15:00||CITY TOUR||INTEGRATION AND DEPLOYMENT|
The detailed agenda is available here.
- Students (bachelor, masters or PhD students),
- Researchers from all disciplines,
- Young professionals from governmental institutions (ministries, authorities and agencies) or energy companies,
- Think tanks,
- NGOs, etc.
To be considered for admission, applicants must be:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Successful applicants will be selected by the COMPILE consortium based on the following criteria:
- A motivational letter (2 pages maximum) in which you describe your motivation why you would like to join the COMPILE Winter School. If there are any community developments already on-going in your country please include it in your letter.
- Previous experience and knowledge in the field of energy,
- Geographic balance,
- Gender balance.
The maximum number of participants for the 2021 Winter School is 20.
HOW TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WINTER SCHOOL?
- Please apply by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For your application to be successful, you must include two attachments:
- Curriculum vitae,
- A motivational letter (2 pages max, see the instructions above).
- Please submit your application latest by 28 October 2021, midnight CET.